Wednesday, July 11, 2007

dissappointed

Yesterday a team of people left for Thailand from our church. 24 hours later, they are still in transit. Most people are thankful they are not personally on the trip at this point. If you want to follow their trip go to http://wefcmissions.org/



My issue-I am addicted to short-term mission trips. I was dissappointed that I could not go. I love getting on the front row and watching God work. Obviously God works outside of short-term trips, but HIS work seems more obvious on short-term trips. I love the community that is built with the team. etc. I love the faith adventure of a short-term mission trip.



The truth-I can have that same adventure here in Wichita Kansas. We don't have to leave to see God work or have him work through us.



"Mission exist because worship doesn't" John Piper

1 comment:

jordan said...

perhaps i have the same addiction.
number six with blaze.
ive gone all the years,
now its time for new orleans.

please be praying for us,
it's a challenging trip for the team.
n00bz [newbies] and veterans, alike. its going to be a stretch.