Thursday, July 12, 2007

Energizer Bunny versus God. . .




Who would win this epic battle?



Yesterday I had one of those days where I burned the candle at both ends. I started at 6:30 AM with work and finished working at 11 PM. I WAS EXHAUSTED!! I know that both the energizer bunny and God would dominate me when it comes to perseverance. I was dragging about 7:30 PM. But God and the energizer bunny were still going.


At least I think that the energizer bunny was going . . .

and going. . .

and still going.


But I know for sure that God was still going.


At 8:30 last night, God did some of His best work when I was the weakest and most incapable. Hmm. . . that kinds of sounds Biblical. That because it is.


9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2nd Corinthians 12:9-10


I met with two people at 8:30 PM who needed a mediator. I let them know up front that the goal was bringing God glory by being at peace with one another (Romans 12:18). I let them know that it would take work.

(reader's digest version) As I listened, I realized that this would take a miracle from God. They were on two completely different pages and a significant amount of money was at stake. I listened for a while and God made it clear to me. I proposed the plan and it was accepted. This was truly unbelievable to me. This could have gone to court on gone on forever. It could have driven a wedge of separation between these 2 friends.

I was incapable of resolving these 2 men's issues. God stepped in at a late hour when I was tired and showed himself to be powerful and life transforming, even at a late hour.

My money is on GOD not the energizer bunny.(disclaimer-I am not a betting man, more to come on this) GOD YOU ROCK!!

1 comment:

jordan said...

great verses.

keep on keepin on.

you insanely busy guy.